Lakshmi pooja is a religious festival of Hindus that falls on Amavasya of Krishna paksha on the month of Ashwin. Devotees believe that on the day of kojagari Lakshmi pooja, Goddess Lakshmi visits her devotees and blessings them. Goddess Lakshmi worshipped by people for wealth, good fortune, and prosperity.
Best Laxmi Puja Wishes And Images:
On the day of Lakshmi pooja, people clean their houses and workplaces and decorate with lights and finery. Women are drawn rangolis at the doorstep to welcome Goddess Lakshmi. Prepare sweets and delicious foods for family, visits relatives and neighbors. On the evening devotees worship and praying Goddess Lakshmi.
They open their doors and windows to welcome Goddess Lakshmi and lights Diya. In West Bengal, Odisha and Assam, Lakshmi puja falls on a full moon day in the lunar month of Ashwin following Vijaya Dashami. Goddess Lakshmi is worshipped on Amavasya Tithi during Diwali in other parts of India.
A unique thing that happens on an auspicious day as the initiation of new things. People consider fortuitous to starting something new, making new investments, buying something new, and bringing an end to something on this day.
Laxmi Puja 2020: Significance and way to celebrate
To appease deity Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth, Laxmi pooja is organized every year on the full moon day of Ashwin month. Lakshmi Puja has great importance in Hindu scriptures and people from all over the country celebrate it with great enthusiasm. It is believed that the deity Laxmi visits the cleanest house, so people use to pay special attention to cleanliness.
Laxmi pooja 2020: When is Laxmi Puja
Since Lakshmi pooja falls on the full moon day of Ashwin month and hence Lakshmi pooja will fall on October 30-31 this year. This festival is celebrated on different days in different places of our country.
Significance of Lakshmi Puja
Lakshmi Puja is considered a very auspicious day and people start new business and work from this day. Lakshmi pooja is the main festival for those desiring wealth.
Goddess Lakshmi removes poverty and indigence to brings happiness and prosperity in the house. Lakshmi Puja is celebrated in a special way in Sikkim, West Bengal, and Odisha.
Way to perform Laxmi Pooja
- On the day of Lakshmi Puja, Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi idol are installed and worshiped.
- The installation of this idol is done on a small wooden stool and the idol is covered with red and yellow cloth.
- Merchants create their new account book also known as Bahi-Khata.
- All the members of the family have to wear new clothes to participate in the Laxmi puja.
- Goddess Lakshmi blesses in the cleanest house, so people use to pay special attention to cleanliness.
- Earthen urns(Kalash) are set up and diyas are ignited.
- Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge and Kubera who is called the lord of the treasury, is also worshiped.
- After the puja, “Prasad” is distributed to the family members as well as the neighborhood.
Laxmi puja Gift ideas:
May Maa Lakhsmi bring joy to you and your family
Happy Laxmi Puja